History

FHS St. Gallen was founded in 2001 through a merger of three formerly independent schools: the Higher Economics and Administration School (HWV), the Intercantonal Engineering School (ISG) and the Higher School of Social Work and Social Pedagogy (HFS). The Department of Health was added in 2006.

1955        

Founding of St. Gallen Evening College, later Engineering School St. Gallen (ISG)

1964        

Founding of the School for Social Work of Eastern Switzerland (OSSA)

1969        

Founding of the School for Social Pedagogy of Eastern Switzerland (OSSP)

1970        

Founding of the Higher Economics and Administration School (HWV)

1995        

Transfer of ISG to intercantonal sponsorship

1996        

Merger of OSSA and OSSP to form the Higher School of Social Work and Social
Pedagogy (HFS)

2001        

Merger of HWV, ISG and HFS to become FHS St. Gallen

2006        

Extension of FHS St. Gallen to include the Department of Health

2013        

Dissolution of the different locations and move to today's FHS campus