Career prospects in social workJobs with a future
If you make social work your profession, you will place people at the heart of your work. Social work intervenes where social problems are so big that the individuals affected cannot solve them by themselves. It helps people cope with their daily life independently, but also takes measures to prevent social disadvantage.
Career prospects in Social Work
Typical work fields in social work include public social services, organisations in child and adult protection, counselling centres and projects in thematic areas such as addiction, family, violence, migration, etc.
- support socially disadvantaged people in financial matters, in their search for work or housing, in establishing social networks and providing consulting services to other departments.
- advise and support people in difficult life situations, such as poverty, disease, addiction or abuse.
- create services so that disadvantaged people may integrate into their environment.
Career prospects in Social Pedagogy
Typical fields of work in social pedagogy include residential care groups, homes, day care, children and youth centres, socio-educational family support or street work.
- create adequate meeting and leisure facilities.
- offer education for children and young people and support parents in education.
- promote the rehabilitation and integration of people of all ages.
«The semester in St.Gallen allowed me to get to know the Swiss social system. The FHS St.Gallen offers a very interesting study programme and the lecturers are excellent!»
Stefan Welte, Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences